Bytro is looking for a Human Resources Generalist with a specialization in recruiting to join our team. Candidates should expect to lead the recruitment of key senior roles in the studio alongside a healthy amount of hands-on work focused on improving, automating, and optimizing the employee life cycle. Excellent German and English is required, as much of recruitment is international.
Bytro is an online strategy game studio in Hamburg in a beautiful office overlooking the Elbe River. We have expanded over the last few years and are in a phase of leveling-up our capabilities in game development and support services.
Background to Bytro and the role
Bytro Labs, part of the Stillfront family of online games studios, is located in Hamburg. We develop and publish games played by more than 8 million people in 150 countries and 13 languages. We have a growingly diverse and international team of currently 47 high profile specialists.
Bytro has flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and we support the autonomous work of our agile working teams.
Currently, Bytro is in the process of making a leap in the ambition of our games teams and the maturity of our support services. We have conducted a couple of big releases in recent months and over a longer period transformed how we manage internal and group finance. Our plan is to strengthen our games teams even further by filling key senior roles and to develop a fuller internal HR set of services. We are constantly finding ways to make the administration more effective and easier too.
The HR & Recruiting Manager role is an essential part of this big leap for Bytro.
What you will do every day
- Attraction and Recruitment: Identity, cultivate, and close the best games studio staff in the world. Work with the CEO and Team Leads to understand specific hiring needs and execute recruiting strategies to meet them. Take ownership of the complete cycle of hiring, including pre-screening and the on-site interview process.
- Onboarding: You are the first point of contact for our new hires. You manage the process from an employee accepting a job offer through their first 90 days with Bytro. This includes managing background checks, navigating German employment requirements, all pre-employment communication, assistance with visa (where required), conducting new hire orientation, and some other first day activities. You ensure our employees have all of the information and resources needed to have an awesome start to their time at Bytro and will continue to facilitate new hire retention activities.
- Development: Work with the Bytro team to help individuals identify and pursue development opportunities to extend their capabilities, which may include creating meaningful programs to help grow the talent we have.
- Retention: Performance management such as performance reviews and performance improvement plans. Address employee relations issues as they arise and work to build a culture and the capabilities that prevent them. Investigate additional programs and perks we can introduce to help enhance our employee experience.
- Separation: We are looking for a qualified individual to build out an offboarding checklist and help the CEO with documentation as necessary.
What you bring to the role
- 3-5 years of HR experience as an HR generalist with specific responsibilities and achievement in recruitment, preferably in a company with 100+ employees
- Energy and expertise to build new approaches that can scale across the range of HR services
- Experience working with HR Systems (Bytro uses primarily Personio)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and German and confidence speaking in front of others
- Ability to work with highly confidential data using great discretion
- A process-driven, detail-oriented mind with great organizational skills and a knack for finding efficiencies
- Experience in employee programs and cultural initiatives
What Bytro offers
- A key role in an established but dynamic games studio in a constantly growing industry, working directly with management
- Opportunities to learn and develop your skills both at Bytro and within the network of studios that make up the larger Stillfront Group (based in Sweden), some of which are in Hamburg and many of which are found all around the world.
- One of Hamburg’s best offices (we think it’s the best), with a view over the Elbe River and Landungsbrücken and Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, and from time to time, a view of breathtaking sunsets.
- A fun, inclusive and international work environment
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours, including options for working from home both now and into the future
- Team events both on- and off-site on a regular basis
- Other benefits, including public transport tickets, food and coffee in the office, private bike parking among others.
Want to be a part of Bytro?
Then send your application for the HR & Recruiting Manager (F/M/X) mentioning the salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, to email@example.com.
If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network in XING or LinkedIn!