Game development is our passion!
Bytro strives to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games which are played by over 9 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games.
To enhance our great team we are looking for you!
As a Senior Game and Data Analyst (m/f), you will collect, evaluate and represent a range of data relating to our products (games) and process them for other areas of the company (like marketing). You will employ statistical tools for your data analysis, which will serve as the focus of your work. Your analyses will allow you to recommend courses of action which reveal new relationships and contribute directly to the company’s success.
As a senior analyst you should be familiar with the latest technologies and methodologies used in the industry to guide the creation of analysis infrastructure to be used by various teams at the company. You should be able to provide strong mentorship guidance to other team members on product analysis as well as being able to guide leadership through decision making based on solid foundation of data and metrics. A strong hands-on focus is also expected to ensure credible and reliable sources, reports and dashboards.
Benefits of working at Bytro
Bytro is a small and agile in communication and hierarchy, but ambitious and senior in development and industry knowledge. We are at the cutting edge of cross-platform game engine development, having built all of our tech in-house over the last 10 years. Working at Bytro means contributing towards a largely unexplored avenue in the games industry with a unique game genre and web technologies.
Bytro develops innovative online multiplayer games that are unlike any other. We value and build on a strong and passionate community of active players that play our games on the Web, Steam, Android, and iOS. If you are looking for the place where you can make the biggest difference, where you can shape a data-driven company culture and pioneer new methods and technologies – don’t hesitate and apply today!
- Identify opportunities for improving our online and mobile games, and performance marketing
- Provide predictive insights and evaluation into player behavior
- Create, maintain and improve forecasting models and functions for measuring and assessing business and game KPI’s
- Develop complex SQL queries for relational and column-based databases
- Collaborate with engineers to on architectural components of database systems
- Work with developers to introduce new technologies to the analytical and reporting workflow
- Carry out mathematical and graphical analyses for online games, and supervise long term analyses
- Evaluate multivariate tests, conduct problem analyses, and create reports on new features
- Recommend precise courses of action and visually represent complex relationships in simple images and graphs
- Very good university degree (M.Sc. or B.Sc.) in mathematics, physics, computer science, statistics, or other subjects with a significant mathematical/statistical or scientific focus
- Experienced in designing experiments including A/B and multivariate testing.
- Advanced knowledge with R, R shiny, Python, Excel/PowerPivot or similar tools, which will serve as a basis when answering questions related to the product or other business processes
- Able to visually portray results using Tableau or other presentation tools
- Excellent knowledge of SQL or other databases
- Basic knowledge of Php and other programming languages is desirable
- In-depth understanding of analysis and confidence in handling large amounts of data
- Experience with online games
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Onboarding and thorough task definition directly with the managing directors
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team (both inside Bytro and the Stillfront group)
- You can take responsibility and shape the data analyst position at Bytro
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours with a great Work-Life-Integration
- Team events both on- and off-site on a regular basis and social co-workers
Want to be on board?
Then send your application for the Senior Game and Data Analyst, mentioning the salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, to email@example.com. Your contact person is Susanne Zander. If you have any questions, she can be reached at (+49) 40-3690 5403.
If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, XING or LinkedIn!