Game development is our passion!
Bytro strives to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games which are played by over 9 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games.
To enhance our great team we are looking for you!
As a Game and Data Analyst (m/f), you will collect, evaluate and represent a range of data relating to our products (games) and process them for other areas of the company (like marketing). You will employ statistical tools for your data analysis, which will serve as the focus of your work. Your analyses will allow you to recommend courses of action which reveal new relationships and contribute directly to the company’s success.
You’ll have the chance to set up this scope with tools of your choice as well as develop tools here in-house for our own database, based on MySQL. For this you can build on the expertise of other companies in the Stillfront group, first of all GoodGame Studios.
If you are looking for the place where you can make the biggest difference, where you can shape a data-driven company culture and pioneer new methods and technologies – don’t hesitate and apply today!
- Working as part of the game development teams to optimize game delivery and performance
- Identify opportunities for improving our online and mobile games, and performance marketing
- Help devise ways of examining and evaluating player behavior
- Develop new algorithms and functions for measuring and assessing KPIs
- Develop complex SQL queries for relational and column-based databases
- Introduce new technologies like Periscope and Tableau
- Carry out mathematical and graphical analyses for online games, and supervise long term analyses
- Evaluate multivariate tests, conduct problem analyses, and create reports on new features
- Recommend precise courses of action and visually represent complex relationships in simple images and graphs
- Very good university degree in mathematics, physics, computer science, statistics, or other subjects with a significant mathematical/statistical or scientific focus
- Game affinity that helps you to understand our products and customers
- Some relevant professional experience is desirable
- Experience working with R, R shiny, Python or similar tools, which will serve as a basis when answering questions related to the product or other business processes
- Able to visually portray results using Tableau or other presentation tools
- Good knowledge of SQL or other databases is desirable
- Basic knowledge of Php and other programming languages is desirable
- In-depth understanding of analysis and confidence in handling large amounts of data
- Very good written and spoken English
- Onboarding and thorough task definition directly with the managing directors
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team (both inside Bytro and the Stillfront group)
- You can take responsibility and shape the data analyst position at Bytro
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours with a great Work-Life-Integration
- Team events both on- and off-site on a regular basis and social co-workers
Want to be on board?
Then send your application for the Game and Data Analyst (m/f), mentioning the salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, to email@example.com. Your contact person is Martina Ellerbrock. If you have any questions, she can be reached at (+49) 40-3690 5401.
If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, XING or LinkedIn!