Game development is our passion!
BytroLabs strives to develop high-quality strategy games and make them accessible for all players around the world. In our eyes game development is a promise for fun and entertainment – that’s what we live and aim for!
As part of the Swedish Stillfront group, we create grand strategy games which are played by over 9 million players in 150 countries and 13 languages all over the world. Our office is located in Hamburg’s world famous St. Pauli district, with a stunning 360° view of the harbor and the Elbe river and easy access to public transport.
Our staff is multicultural and international. We have flat hierarchies, an open communication culture and support the autonomous work of our agile working teams. We believe in efficient work where each of our employees contributes to the success of our games. We believe in autonomous and independent work. We hate micromanagement. We focus on results. Our motto is “Get it done.”
To enhance our great team we are looking for you!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate 3D Developer (f/m/x) to support the team implementing scalable 3D graphics technology for our cross-platform HTML5 strategy games.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve our software with high quality, maintainable code
- Contribute to our rendering engine development with high-performance cross-platform code
- Undertake performance profiling and optimization
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Independent and productive communication with your team lead, colleagues and other teams to ensure a smooth daily workflow
- B.Sc. /M.Sc. degree in computer science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years 3D engine development experience with a strong background in OpenGL, or other 3D APIs
- Advanced knowledge in GPU programming
- Solid debugging and optimization skills
- Solid understanding of the graphics pipeline
- Very good analytical skills and the motivation to constantly improve and learn
- Enjoying interdisciplinary teamwork, thinking outside the box and constantly learning new things
- Familiarity with agile software development and scrum-based working environments or the wish to work with them
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Exchange of knowledge and close cooperation with competent colleagues in a highly motivated international team (both inside Bytro and the Stillfront group)
- Short decision-making processes and a professional work environment
- Attractive location in Downtown Hamburg
- Flexible and family-friendly working hours with a great Work-Life-Integration
- Team events both on- and off-site on a regular basis and social co-workers
Want to be on board?
Then send your application for the 3D Developer (f/m/x) position, including your certificates and references, mentioning your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date, to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find further information for your application on our website: bytro.com/career. Your contact person is Michael Kögel. If you are currently not looking for a new challenge, we are happy to welcome you to our network in XING or Linkedin!